The Dehumanisation and Demonisation of Black People


I was sitting in the front yard watching my little nieces and nephews play, running around with not a care in the world. I watched the bigger kids of my family with their friends drive in and back out again, chatting and laughing. I must say, I am happy we live in country like Jamaica, where for the most part we are just Normal Human Beings. I am happy that Jamaicans have the chance to grow up in a society void of daily engineered institutionalized racism, designed to dehumanize black people. 

The bigger children and their friends will be leaving for colleges and universities soon. Some will go local, others will migrate to the USA, UK and Europe but I am happy that they got this chance to grow up with a concept of self, knowing who they are without the pressure and prejudices of race. We try our best to describe to them the world they will face once they leave the comfort of our small beloved island home and we hope they are confident enough, strong enough and full of self respect and self worth, to deal with the challenges to come. We hope that they will not let anyone define them, tell them who they are and that they have already defined themselves and know who and what they are. We want them to know that they exist on their terms within the just rules and laws of society.  


Racism is relentless, continuous, depressing and tiring and if you are not strong enough to deal with it, if you do not understand who you are as a person, where you are coming from and where you are going, then it will consume you, chew you up and spit you out.  

Mix Race people seems to get it from both ends. 

Yes they will face racism, because racism defines countries like USA, UK and many countries across Europe. I think they know what to expect, I think having grown up in Jamaica, relatively free of the pressures of race, they are better able to deal with it. Compared to the people who are told from birth that they are nothing and will be nothing, worthless, useless and genetically predisposed to be dysfunctional simply because they are black.


Also, if racist UK or USA gets too tough for them, they know there is a society in Jamaica waiting for them. A place where they will never be singled out because of their race. Regardless of what they have to go through in Jamaica, for the most part, it will not be because they are black because 98% of the Jamaican population shares that wonderful trait. Jamaica is their birthright, this is their rock, their home.

  • White woman called the cops on a black real estate investor checking out a house.
  • White woman called police on black man moving into his apartment.
  • White Woman called police on Black student at Yale fell asleep in dorm lounge while doing her paper.
  • Nordstrom Rack employees called police on three teenagers shopping for prom cloths.
  • White woman Called Police on Black guest checking out of their rented Airbnb.
  • White woman called Police on two Native America brothers during a Colorado State University tour. 
  • White owner of a Golf club called police on a group black women who they said were playing too slowly.
  • White Women called police on Two Black man sitting in Starbucks.
  • White Woman called police on Black folks having a barbeque in the park.
  • White people called police on Professor Henry Louis Gates Jr for being in his own house.
Then we have the epidemic of Banking While Black. Black people being arrested for doing normal everyday banking business. You put your money in a white bank and they call the police on you when you try to get it out.



The list goes on and on, considering American police favorite pastime is to shoot unarmed black men and then go on paid vacation, rewarded for their racist brutality.



  • White man demanded that a black woman show him her ID to use "community" pool.
Every  white Tom, Becky, Karen and Harry, all of a sudden feel empowered to walk around demanding papers from everyone who is not white, instead of minding their own damn business.



  • GOOD SAMARITAN CUFFED Shock moment black doctor who tests homeless for coronavirus is handcuffed while unloading supplies at his home.
  • California cops joked about shooting Black mayor and celebrated beating suspects: text messages
  • Banking While Black: More complaints of discrimination. Black Grandmother arrested for asking where was the money she deposited. 911 calls, a racial slur, a refusal to cash a check. This is what it’s like for some Black bank customers



This is why the USA cannot tell me anything about Racism in say China: Take the stick out of your own damn eyes first.

For Black Men, Homemade Masks May Be a Risk All Their Own: 'It Conjures Up Every Racial Stereotype.' A handful of recent encounters between black men and law enforcement around the USA have underscored the fraught racial politics of mask-wearing. In one video from Miami, an officer is seen handcuffing a black doctor who was wearing a protective mask outside his own home; the police chief is investigating the episode. Another video shows a police officer following two black men wearing surgical masks out of an Illinois Walmart. The police department later said the officer had asked for the men’s IDs after wrongly telling them that a city ordinance prohibited wearing masks.

Black people are harassed for wearing mask and harassed for not wearing mask. 


White People can do any Damn thing they want!

Black people get beat down and head sit on


Here you go little white princess, police hand out mask to white people not social distancing

Police beat black people for not wearing mask or social distancing


To Serve and Protect white people


To Beat the Crap out of Black people

This is America!

This is what they really mean when they say All Men are Created equal!

THIS IS AMERICA - Jogging While Black in the USA can cost you your life. Black jogger in Georgia, who was chased and gunned down by white men who said they believed he was a burglar.




This is America!


I was told by an English person online that the UK racist , Enoch Powell was a prophet who predicted that people of different races could not live together. I do not agree with that assessment. Enoch Powell was not predicting anything, instead Powell was expressing his hate and declaring his wish for maintaining white power. He was instructing people not to accept racial unity, he was sowing the seeds of hate and once the idea was out there the rest was easy. Enoch Powell did not want a Multicultural, Multiracial Britain and so he instructed people to resist it out of fear and hate, setting the stage racial division. It is funny that they will tell you they do not want a Multicultural, Multiracial Britain but express how much they miss the Multicultural, Multiracial British Empire.

Kingston Dub Club!

It was an excuse to socially engineer racial division. There are those people in and out of power who believed what Enoch Powell said and lived their entire lives trying to socially engineer British society to that end. When they were finished they stepped back and looked on their work, pleased with the outcome. Employing constant rejection and exclusion, will create dysfunctional behaviour among semi-literate subsections of society, too stupid to realise just how self destructive they have become. Britain reaps, what Britain  sows!

Raw videos that show officers shooting and beating unarmed black people have stirred outrage and prompted disbelief (from delusional people). Captured by cellphones or police cameras, footage has spread through social media, shining a light on disturbing police encounters.


Jackass say the world nuh level and Dog and Puss nuh have the same luck! 
I am a big supporter of Egalitarianism. I am also a huge supporter of Law and Order, I believe the law of the land exist to protect us from ourselves and as such should be obeyed by everyone. I also understand that not all laws were created equal and sometimes human beings create bad laws to protect a sub group at the expense of others, for example the old Slavery Laws.

I believe that Justice should be blind and equally applied to all citizens regardless of the various characteristics of each individual citizen. However, that belief of blind and equally applied Justice for all is idealism that have no basis in reality when it comes to Human Beings. Because imperfect creation will create imperfect systems. I have always said, any system is only as good as the humans who created and administer that system and since all humans are imperfect, expect that imperfection to show in how these systems are administered.


Racism is not a figment of our imagination, it is real and affects people all over the world. The Current Western World Order was developed on the basis on racism and its people are being engineered from birth to see the world as Black and White, Us against Them. War death and destruction, driven by human differences seems to be a vital requirement for human development and evolution. I know, that so long as two Human Beings exist on this planet, this is how their relationship will be defined.

If you over police one section of society based on race, while ignoring the other section of society, then you will get the statistics and the narrative that you want. Social statistics are only real when they are done across the broad and without bias. One can always create a link between a certain action and a certain group, if one ignores all other groups and concentrate only on the group you would like to create the statistics for. 


In the land of the free and the home of the brave, that bastion of Freedom, Democracy, where all men were created equal and they respect Human Rights (Theoretical Idealism). Growing up, we were indoctrinated by the USA into believing the USA was the center of Freedom and Democracy, the leaders of the Free World where all men are created equal. The average Jamaican do not know the first line in the Jamaican Constitution but can quote the American Constitution and Bill of Rights line by line.  What we now realize is that the American Constitution and bill of Rights is very theoretical, fictional and does not exist. 

The USA is a country ripping itself apart, imploding. Americans do not like other Americans and are arming themselves to kill other Americans. All that marching up and down main street armed to the teeth, shouting rubbish is aimed to intimidate and threaten other Americans. The USA claim to be the most tolerant country on planet earth but that too is a massive lie. Americans are not tolerant of anything that goes against their closeminded beliefs. They are not tolerant of different religions, not tolerant of different races, different culture, and different sexuality. Americans are not tolerant of Books, Words, and American History when that history involves black people. All across the country that declares itself to be the leader of the free world they are banning, outlawing anything that does not fit into their limited ignorant mindset.

Multiple police officers in Brooklyn say they were told by a commander that white and Asian people should be left alone.

“You are stopping too many Russian and Chinese,” one of the officers, Daniel Perez, recalled the commander telling him earlier this decade.

Another officer, Aaron Diaz, recalled the same commander saying in 2012, “You should write more black and Hispanic people.”


I once worked with this professional white girl, a software developer, who loved to describe her weekends escapades of robbing department stores like a hobby and a sport. Part of her strategy was to shadow black people in the stores.  She figured out that store security was always too busy watching black people which allowed her to take what she wanted like a kid in a candy store.


The More Black people shout "Black Lives Matter", is the more racist White people go out of their way to prove that Black Lives DO NOT Matter!



Kingston Dub Club - Out of Many - One People!

Growing up in Jamaica was an experience I will never forget, never regret and I would never trade for anything. I cannot think of anywhere else in the world I would rather have been born. Life is about being happy, content and enjoying each experience as it comes and growing up in Jamaica for the most part was a wonderful experience. Looking back, on my life, I now realize that the good times were so very good and the bad times … well they were not that bad.


I am not saying we do not have our share of problems in Jamaica, because we do. However I would rather deal with the daily Jamaican Almshouse than the racist Almshouse overseas. For one in Jamaica I am not a minority, daily life is not about my skin colour and as such I do not have a depressing Minority, Inferiority Mentality created by racist white people design to contain, to suppress and make me think less of myself.

I believe growing up in Jamaica allowed me to experience my full potentials, to be who and what I want to be in life. Yes being a developing third world country we have limited opportunities but loving Jamaica and loving being a Jamaican means no matter where I travel to on this planet, I have a concept of home and an understanding of self. It is a home I love, a home I want to live in because I have no problem coming home to me yard. This makes the negative things we deal with when we travel insignificant. If the worse that can happen is that we go home to a country and people that we love.


Growing up in Jamaica prepares migrating Jamaicans to better deal with this type of First world bigotry because we were not indoctrinated with a minority mentality from birth. Yes some may develop that minority mentality over time living in those societies but I believe most are just too damn Jamaican to suffer that faith.
 


I am so happy to be born and bred in a country where I can get up every day and feel like a normal human being. Being black is not what comes to my mind and adds no pressures to my daily life. We are just Jamaicans, yardman and yardwoman, Jamaicans to the bone and confident in my own skin. We feel like we belong to a society even though some of us can curse out Jamaica. I cannot imagine to be born in a society that tries to tell me from birth that I am nothing or less than nothing. A society that tries to dehumanize me on a daily basis. Where constantly I am just looked down on as dirt, treated like scum of society and a criminal simply because of my skin colour.

My Government Cabinet

In those societies from the day they are born they are nothing but black, forced to live black. When I say force to live black, I mean their societies definition of what it is to be black. That nasty, disgusting negative association that they constantly try to put on people of colour. Life is so short and a constant struggle even without having race as an issue. It is hard just to be me, a man, women, father and mother in this world, then throw in this racist concept of being black and it is like you are carrying the weight of the world. Especially in the US, UK and EU with the rise of Racist Far-Right movements. When a place like the UK can target legal black people, for illegal deportation, it must feel totally depressing, which is what they are trying to achieve.

My Police Force

My Army



My Opposition Shadow Cabinet

I am happy that for the most part this is not my reality. I was able to grow up free from this racist yoke and allowed to develop free of people trying to dehumanize me, to demonized me because of my blackness. We have other problems on my island but that is not one of them. I am not constantly beaten over the head with my blackness. But I do feel it for my brothers and sisters who are in this situation.

This Land is My Land!

Imagine being born and bred in a society, grow up in a country and not knowing any other and the people of that country constantly telling you that you do not belong. Being followed in stores, handbags clutched when they see you, they cross the streets because of your blackness. Being stopped and treated like criminals when you are trying to go about your business. Every action design to dehumanize and demonize you to make you feel less than a person but they must NOT win, stand tall and stand proud!

No one will call the police on you because you are black

I watched a news report that said more and more Black American and Black British are going on Black retreats in Black countries where they can at least feel normal for a month out of the year. Free from having their blackness used against them. Free from the stress of being black in a white world as they take a break from racist white people, if only for a short while. "Many of them are turning those frustrations into acts of self-preservation, and are spending significant amount of money to get outside of the country and away from the people who make them feel that way".

I am happy that this is my reality!

What is happening now is a renewed attempt to dehumanise and demonise black people.

I know as a black person, for the most part when it comes to my blackness, it does not matter how educated I am. It does not matter how professional and hardworking I am or what University I attend. I know as a black person, for the most part, that it does not matter how big a salary I might make, and it does not matter how law abiding I am.

It does not matter how well dressed, well-mannered and respectful I am. As a black person it does not matter, how one might carry one’s self, with style, class and grace or even that one might help little old ladies across the street. As a black person my character and my personality is not a factor, none of that matters because most white people are conditioned, socialized and indoctrinated to fear and hate my blackness and to see my black skin colour as a threat. I am instantly hated, assumed to be a criminal and up to no good. Profiled in airports, profiled in hotels, on the street, in shops, restaurants and wherever I go... I am black so I must be up to no good and so we must constantly prove who we are.

I think I know what a law enforcement officer represents to white people. I think when they see a police person, they feel safe and secure, they get that warm fuzzy feeling inside. I think I know what Law Enforcement should theoretically represents in every society. I cannot speak for all black people but I know what they mean to most black people... dehumanized, demonized, life threatening fear and anxiety.

I have read where police would stop a black man because he refused to make eye contact with the police and I have also read where a police stopped a black man for what they called “eye balling him” making eye contact and in both cases it did not end well for the black man. So, to look or not to look at an officer, can result in the same outcome, your death. I watch a video where a black man was detained because when he and his wife was driving out of their home they looked at the police car across the street and that was enough.

I am happy that this is NOT my reality!


WHAT is important is that Black People continue to be educated, continue to be professionals, continue to be law abiding, continue to be well-mannered and respectful. Continue to carry ourselves with style and grace because if you do not, then they win!


Be the best and the brightest! 

In order to compete with their white counterparts a black person must put in 200%. While their white counterpart can only put in 70% and still get the promotion and salary increase. Black people are the last to be hired and the first to be fired. Good hard working black people try to raise their families to be good upstanding human beings and they get no respect from society.

Having a Family Without the Pressure of Race!

There was a time when I thought things was getting better. When I thought we were making progress. For example in the USA, it seems to me that having a black President created a kind of white racist backlash where every racist was now free to crawl out from under their ignorant rock and express their hate, put it on display for the world to see. Having a Black President seems to make it possible for a racist white President to come to power. Riding the waves of that racist backlash and throwing more fuel on the racist fire of hate.

Meet The Mitchells -  A Jamaican family of many





When I look at where I'm coming from
I know I'm blessed, and I close my eyes and smile
Sometimes I feel like
The richest man in Babylon
And I've done my best
So everything's alright inside

Oh every morning, Oh every morning
I rise, I stare at the sun
I know it is a blessing
So when the evening comes I
Lift up my eyes to the hills I'm blessed, oh man
With my two hands in the air as far as I can
As far as I can
I can, yeah
My two hands in the air as far as I can






The More Black people shout Black Lives Matter is the more racist White people go out of their way to prove that Black Lives does not Matter!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Techniques for Sharing your Sky Juice at School

The British Cornish Pasty vs. The Jamaican Beef Patty

Heroes and Nation Builders of Jamaica